- International workshop on food waste monitoring, reporting and prevention -
The ongoing research project REFOWAS (REduce FOod WASte), funded by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF), quantifies the food waste amount in Germany and investigates prevention measures within several case studies together with stakeholders from agriculture, bakeries, school catering and the hospitality sector.
Within the REFOWAS workshop, food waste experts from the scientific field will present and discuss current challenges and national approaches for the monitoring, reporting and evaluation of food waste in the context of the SDG 12.3 in Europe. The aim of this workshop is an exchange of insights into national food waste data, monitoring approaches and evaluation of reduction measures in different EU countries.
The REFOWAS workshop will take place in Berlin at the 14th of June 2019.
What to expect:
- Food waste accounting throughout Europe - status quo, challenges and perspectives
- Food waste monitoring: indicators and evaluation approaches
- Prevention measures and their efficiency
- Interactive Workshop: monitoring and effectiveness of measures
A schedule and further details regarding the networking dinner will be released prior the event.
Date: Friday, 14th of June 2019
Timeframe: 9.00 am to 4.00 pm
Location: Federal Ministry of Food and Agriculture, Wilhelmstraße 54, Berlin, Germany
Get-together: Thursday, 13th of June 2019 - Dinner
How to reach the venue by public transport:
From Berlin Central Station:
- U-BAHN (U55) 7 min.
- From Berlin Central Station (Direction Alexanderplatz) to Brandenburger Tor
(Berlin), 2 min. (1 stop)
- Arriving at Brandenburger Tor, 5 min. walk (400m)
- TAXI: 10 min.
- WALKING: 21 min.
From Berlin Airport Tegel:
- BUS (TXL): 34 min.
- TXL: From Airport Tegel Berlin Bus Station (Direction Alexanderplatz via
Hauptbahnhof) to Brandenburger Tor, 29 min. (10 stops)
- Arriving at Brandenburger Tor, 5 min. walk (400 m)
- BUS (128) + U-BAHN (U6): 38-40 min.
- BUS (128): From Airport Tegel Berlin Bus Station
to Kurt Schumacher Platz, 11 min. (6 stops)
- Then change to U-Bahn (U6) from Kurt Schumacher Platz
to Französische Straße, 14 min. (11 stops)
- Arriving at Französische Straße, 10 min. walk (600 m)
- TAXI: 20 min.
External Link to the map: https://goo.gl/maps/hPGfVnUBaNC2
Recommendations (close to the venue):
Hotel Motel One Berlin-Potsdamer Platz, Leipziger Platz 12, 10117 Berlin
ibis Berlin City Potsdamer Platz, Anhalter Str. 4, 10963 Berlin
ibis Hotel Berlin Mitte, Prenzlauer Allee 4, 10405 Berlin
Quentin XL Potsdamer Platz, Potsdamer Straße 76, 10785 Berlin
Hotel Berlin Mitte by Campanile, Invalidenstraße 98, 10115 Berlin
Early booking recommended.
Workshop organization and contact details:
University of Stuttgart
Institute for Sanitary Engineering, Water Quality and Solid Waste Management
Phone: +49 711/685 637 59